07 November 2011

HID headlights complete

 I finally got the HID headlights completely installed. I'm pretty happy with the results. The install was easy, and forced me to repair the broken adjustment mechanism on the reflector housing. I included a comparison between 25W and 35W. Doesnt look like much in the photo, but in person I like the 35W better. It's a bit brighter and a bit clearer color.
both on low beam
 I added an extra switch for accent lighting. It goes through the key, but is not dependent on the engine running.
Overall rating of the entire project, from stator conversion to wiring in HID projectors: 3 out of 5 for difficulty. 4 out of 5 for cool factor. 5 out of 5 for safety improvement. 2 out of 5 for cost.
Cost was high to be honest. $65 for each HID projector kit, $45 for the rectifier/regulator, $20 for LED lights. Total about $200. But if life were just about cost, I'd be riding a bicycle.


No comments: