24 March 2009

Almost "done"

I changed out the control boxes to the final versions that I wanted. This involved welding a new bracket for the HV box to sit on. I did the welding with my tractor.






I changed it to use a battery instead of running the DC-DC converter all the time. I think my battery is just barely large enough at 4.5Ah. I get this size for free, so the price was right! The DC-Dc converter comes on when the key is in the RUN position, and is set to about 14V. I'll be adding an inrush current limiter on the DC-DC HV leads (CL-30). I still need to add it's HV fuse, probably a LV fuse as well.


The new relay computer. the safety features I wanted are finally here. All I have left is some battery retaining, some insulating, a front and underside air dam, and a little wire tidying and I'll be pretty happy with my car, until I do another one!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Great work. Do you still have the Eagle files for the LED battery level monitor on evconvert.com?
-Adam

Jon said...

Yes, I have them. For using both the SMT and the through hole version of the chip (significant price difference!) email me and I'll send you the files.

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.